Shahd supports AUM Law’s professionals and works closely with AUM’s senior law clerk on routine legal and regulatory compliance matters. Her expertise includes handling initial and ongoing securities regulatory filings through the National Registration Database (NRD), the System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR+) and other filing systems. She also assists advisers, dealers and investment fund managers with their registration and compliance filings with securities commissions throughout Canada.
Shahd joined AUM Law in 2019 as a legal assistant, obtained her Law Clerk Certificate and through her desire to develop her knowledge and experience was promoted to her current Law Clerk position in 2023.
Shahd began her Canadian legal career as a legal assistant at another Toronto law firm and began her career in Sudan as a junior accountant for a heavy machinery rental company. She is fluent in Arabic.
- Law Clerk Certificate, The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario, 2023
- Business Certificate, Centennial College, 2017
- BA (Hons), Accounting and Finance, Ahfad University for Women, 2015
- Mahdi Weinstock LLP Barristers & Solicitors
- Ghalia for Heavy Equipments Rental