British Columbia, 1995
Kevin founded AUM Law in 2009 to provide registrants with high quality regulatory support and securities law advice needed as a result of the coming into force of National Instrument 31-103. He used his prior experience in-house at a prominent asset manager firm and his earlier private law firm practice to develop AUM Law’s approach to providing legal services to securities registrants. With the other senior lawyers at AUM Law, Kevin built a strong, client-focused team of lawyers, clerks and compliance consultants.
Today, Kevin focuses on outreach to clients to ensure their compliance needs are met, as well as meeting with prospective clients and industry participants to keep in touch with industry developments and explain AUM Law’s approach. Kevin is integral in working within BLG Beyond to ensure AUM Law provides innovative and tech-savvy services to clients and guides AUM Law in providing forward thinking efficient legal services to clients.
- MBA, Richard Ivey School of Business, 2004
- LLB, University of British Columbia Law School, 1994
- BA, University of Western Ontario, 1991
- Sentry Investments, General Counsel and Vice President, Operations
- Torys LLP
- Oreck Chernoff/Macaulay McColl
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Portfolio Management Association of Canada (PMAC) Spring Regulatory and Compliance Webcast, May 2020
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Mutual Funds Law and Securities Law)