There’s more to securities law than corporate finance and M&A.
We’re looking for lawyers with experience or a strong interest in advising our clients in the asset management industry on how to set up shop, get licensed, meet their ongoing obligations as registrants, and establish and run investment funds.
We do business differently than the typical Bay Street firm. Many of our clients are entrepreneurs, and so are we. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, competitive compensation and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
If you are smart, practical and forward-looking, and you want to grow with our firm in the long term, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a CV and a cover note explaining why you are interested in working for AUM Law.
AUM Law is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to submit an application or at any time during the recruitment process, please send an email to email@example.com or telephone 416 966 2004 ex 302.
AUM Law primarily represents asset and portfolio managers, including investment dealers, pooled fund managers, hedge funds, private companies, publicly listed entities and investors. We are a dedicated team of professionals working together in a fast-paced industry. Join our team and be part of making a difference. We currently have an open position for a Legal Assistant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to several lawyers
- Managing the docketing of time entries
- Communicating with clients
- Formatting, indexing, setting up of paper files and revising marked-up legal documents
- Preparing legal letters, receiving and distributing mail, sending courier packages
- Producing reports and creating presentation documents
- Scanning documents and saving then to the firm’s document management system
- Running blacklines and converting Word documents into PDFs
- Creating client files in accordance with firm procedures
- Scheduling meetings with clients and assisting in managing lawyers’ calendars
- Providing rotational reception/office clerical relief duties
As a qualified candidate you possess:
- 2 to 5 years of legal assistant experience at a law firm
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Worldox or similar document management system
- Working knowledge of Foxit PDF, ContactEase and PC Law are an asset
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A self- starter and team player with a professional manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while balancing different priorities
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience in and/or exposure to investment funds or corporate finance work would be an asset
AUM Law offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. AUM Law is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise us if you require an accommodation.
No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Type: Full-time, Contract