Stacey has been an important part of the growth of AUM Law since she joined the firm in 2011. Today, Stacey advises exempt market dealers, portfolio managers and fund managers on a variety of securities regulatory matters relating to the operation of their business.
Stacey’s securities law practice has a particular emphasis on advising managers and distributors of Canadian investment vehicles, such as trust and partnership pooled funds, hedge funds, real estate and mortgage investment entities and other alternative investments. Stacey regularly advises on the legal and regulatory considerations related to the operation of these entities and the private placement offering of securities in Canada. She reviews and amends offering documents and material agreements and advises on ongoing regulatory and compliance matters.
Stacey has over 20 years of legal experience working with participants in the asset management industry – both at AUM Law and in house with asset managers. Stacey began her legal career as an associate in the tax group of a leading law firm and was legal counsel at a multi-national asset manager and financial services corporation.
- LLB, University of Western Ontario, 2003
- HBA, Richard Ivey School of Business, 2003
- Fidelity Investments Canada ULC, 2009-2010
- Goodmans LLP, 2004-2009
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, “The Intensive Course in Canadian Securities Law and Practice” – Registration and Investment Funds, Osgoode Professional Development, 2021 and 2022
- Speaker, “Marketing Your Liquid Alternative Fund”, Canadian Association of Alternative Strategies and Assets (CAASA) webinar, 2020