Iva’s practice focuses on securities law, specifically regulatory compliance and risk management for registrants. Prior to joining AUM Law in 2023, she worked at Scotiabank where she spent the last 14 years in legal/compliance roles of increasing responsibility. Most recently, she led a compliance transformation project aimed at optimizing several key conflict management programs at Scotiabank.
Iva has an extensive range of experience in both the private and public sectors. She has provided advice over the years on a variety of compliance issues, including registration reform, conflict management, insider reporting and obtaining discretionary relief from registration requirements. She has also been actively involved in drafting comment letters responding to policy initiatives that could impact various business groups. Prior to Scotiabank, Iva spent 17 years at the Ontario Securities Commission including nine as a member of the corporate finance leadership team.
- Canadian Securities Course, The Canadian Securities Institute (1987)
- LL.B., Bachelor of Laws, Queen’s University (1986)
- B.A.& Sc, Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, University of Toronto, Trinity College (1982)
- Scotiabank (2008-2022)
- Ontario Securities Commission (1990-2007)
- Blake Cassels & Graydon (1988-1990)