Andrew’s practice is focused on investment funds, regulatory compliance and corporate law. He assists clients with launching investment vehicles by providing legal advice and preparing agreements and documentation including partnership agreements, trust agreements, offering memoranda, term sheets and subscription documents. Andrew also assists clients with the maintenance of their investment vehicles and supports registrants with their ongoing obligations under Canadian securities legislation.
Before joining AUM Law, Andrew completed his articles and worked as an associate at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt and as an associate at Blake, Cassels & Graydon. His practice at those firms encompassed a range of tax and securities law matters for public and private investment funds, including hedge funds.
- JD, Harvard Law School (2011)
- BComm, University of Toronto (2008)
- Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (2014-2017)
- Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP (2011-2014)
- Co-author, “Tax Court of Canada Rejects Restrictive Interpretation of Hedging” (Corporate Financing, Volume XX, No. 1, 2015)
- Co-author, “Mark-to-Market Disallowed for Forex Option” (Corporate Finance, Volume XX, No. 1, 2015)