No, we’re not talking about Denzel Washington’s recent upset of Casey Affleck in their fierce battle for the SAG Best Actor award (though that was quite a moment). In a month that has been marked by a U.S. inauguration, historic protests, and political turmoil, it is difficult not to feel a little overwhelmed. While there is much to discuss in this month’s Bulletin, we at AUM Law find that reviewing the OSC’s Investment Fund Practitioner is a reliable way to lower our resting heart rates in times of stress. And so we will begin there. Please take some deep cleansing breaths and enjoy.
In this bulletin:
In Brief: OBSI Explores Use of New Enforcement Powers ● OSC’s New Fintech Advisory Committee
- Highlights From OSC’s December 2016 Investment Funds Practitioner
- Employment Law Expertise – We Have It!
- Embedded Commissions – Soon to be Dislodged?
- Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto
- MFDA Provides Guidance on Suitability
- New Record-Keeping Requirements for Ontario Corporations that Own Real Property
- Deadlines, Deadlines….
- AML Obligations – The Gift that Keeps on Giving
Click the link to access our bulletin summarizing these recent developments. >> AUM Law Bulletin Washington Upset January 2017