Advisory and transactional solutions for private and public entities
Our lawyers and law clerks’ advisory and transactional experience enables us to provide a range of solutions for registered firms and other private and public entities, boards of directors, management and shareholders.
Our services include:
- General Corporate and Partnership Law: Formation and organization of various legal entities such as corporations (including medical professional corporations (MPCs) and veterinary professional corporations (VPCs)), partnerships and trusts; drafting shareholder agreements and other material agreements
- Corporate Governance: Advising boards of directors on duties and liabilities; developing governance and compliance policies and procedures
- Corporate Finance: Public offerings of equity and debt securities; private placements; qualifying transactions; venture capital and private equity financings
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Due diligence; share and asset purchase transactions; amalgamations; other corporate reorganizations
- Ongoing Requirements: Continuous disclosure for reporting issuers; annual and special meetings and information circulars; listing applications for TSX, TSX-V and other Canadian exchanges; SEDAR and SEDI filings; early warnings and alternative monthly filings
- Corporate Services: Maintenance of corporate records (minute books and digitally); corporate secretarial services; transaction services
AUM Law offers practical, cost-effective legal and regulatory compliance advice from a team that prioritizes your business and understands your industry. We focus on the Canadian asset management sector, and we have deep expertise in the legal and regulatory issues relevant to firms operating in Canada’s exempt and public capital markets.
Our team-based approach, fixed-fee compliance support plans, extensive experience engaging with securities regulators, and connections with other service providers in this industry will help you navigate the evolving securities regulatory environment with confidence so that you can focus on what you do best.
Corporate Group Insights
Additional Information on Offering Memorandum Prospectus Exemptions – Getting Everyone Together
Significant changes to National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus Exemptions that impact the use of the offering memorandum prospectus exemption are expected to take effect shortly on March 8, 2023. These changes impact issuers using this specific prospectus exemption to...
Promises, Promises – CSA Enhances Requirements for Crypto Asset Trading Platforms
On February 22, 2023, the Canadian Securities Administrators published CSA Staff Notice 21-332 Crypto Asset Trading Platforms: Pre-Registration Undertakings – Changes to Enhance Canadian Investor Protection (the Platform Notice). The Platform Notice impacts crypto...
New School Year, New Potential Disclosure Policies from the Department of Finance Canada
Last month, the Department of Finance Canada released a consultation paper related to proposed changes to the existing governance framework for federally regulated financial institutions (FRFIs). The consultation dealt with a few topics, including diversity disclosure...