Advisory and transactional solutions for private and public entities
Our lawyers and law clerks’ advisory and transactional experience enables us to provide a range of solutions for registered firms and other private and public entities, boards of directors, management and shareholders.
Our services include:
- General Corporate and Partnership Law: Formation and organization of various legal entities such as corporations (including medical professional corporations (MPCs) and veterinary professional corporations (VPCs)), partnerships and trusts; drafting shareholder agreements and other material agreements
- Corporate Governance: Advising boards of directors on duties and liabilities; developing governance and compliance policies and procedures
- Corporate Finance: Public offerings of equity and debt securities; private placements; qualifying transactions; venture capital and private equity financings
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Due diligence; share and asset purchase transactions; amalgamations; other corporate reorganizations
- Ongoing Requirements: Continuous disclosure for reporting issuers; annual and special meetings and information circulars; listing applications for TSX, TSX-V and other Canadian exchanges; SEDAR and SEDI filings; early warnings and alternative monthly filings
- Corporate Services: Maintenance of corporate records (minute books and digitally); corporate secretarial services; transaction services
AUM Law offers practical, cost-effective legal and regulatory compliance advice from a team that prioritizes your business and understands your industry. We focus on the Canadian asset management sector, and we have deep expertise in the legal and regulatory issues relevant to firms operating in Canada’s exempt and public capital markets.
Our team-based approach, fixed-fee compliance support plans, extensive experience engaging with securities regulators, and connections with other service providers in this industry will help you navigate the evolving securities regulatory environment with confidence so that you can focus on what you do best.
Corporate Group Insights
On March 25, FINTRAC issued a notice (Notice) indicating that it is committed to working constructively with businesses (Reporting Entities) subject to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) to minimize the impact of ongoing...
Corporations Canada Seeks Comments on Potential Regulations for Corporate Registers of Individuals with Significant Control
As we discussed in our January 2019 bulletin, most private corporations organized under the Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA) are now required to keep a register of individuals with significant control (ISC Register). Responding to feedback received since these...
Earlier this month, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissioner Hester Pierce made a speech proposing a time-limited safe harbour for crypto asset token offerings to address what she sees as a regulatory “Catch 22” in the digital asset sector. We think Commissioner...